"Ah, this is the place," I thought, " finally..."
After a long drive, i finally reached the abandoned island. I dismounted from my car. Once again, the smell of salt filled my nostrils. At a glance, i saw the decrepit and desolated mansion. My leg began to move towards the mansion. With every step i took, my heart pounded harder.
Within minutes, I reached the mansion. I stretched my hand and pushed the frozen-cold door. Upon reaching the main hall, it looked so grand, with a chandelier hanging above. I set out to look for the room where my desires lies. After a long search, i have finally found the room, in the windowless corridor.
" Push the door! Go on! It is not far away!" I thought.
Indeed, it is difficult to resist tempatation. Again, i stretched my hand, longing for the door to open.
Five metres...three metres...one metre...I have finally reached the door, after what seemed like a long journey. The door opened. The room is humongous, without windows but a mirror, with a dim light within
" Yes this is it!" , i whispered to myself. I took a step forward...
The room began to vanish except for the mirror, I found myself in a dense forest.
" Continue running! Do not look back!"
These words urged my feet on. I was never one for running but the note of urgency in my mind's voice accelerated my instincts for survival and canoed my sweat glands to get to work. The thorns and out hanging branches of shrubs around me, seemed to develop a liking for my bare arms. I winced when one nasty thorn embedded itself deep in my flesh. A cry of pain rose but was hastily checked it before it warned my enemies of my presences.
A rustle and this time, I really wished it had been the wind for the sharp poke in my back confirmed that my enemy , whoever he was, had caught up with me. The very thought of turning around and facing him was not pleasant but I abandoned it in favour of curiosity.Ever so slowly, my pivot joint got to work and my neck turned around in the best position, and the face of my enemy came into view.
It was the most hideous face in the sense that I did not like the thick flat nostrils, the swollen lips and the small twinkling eyes. He was just like the primitive tribesman that I had studied in my geography book. The only difference was that he did not seem so friendly.
Soon, I was bounded by ropes, like a snake entangling itself on someone. To my dismay, there is not only one of the hideous captor, but more and they are identical. More of them started to pour towards me and carried me to what they called their village.
I am getting confused as there are so many of them, but there is one of them who stand out. He has the identical features as my captor, just that he was filled with colours - green coloured face with red coloured body. They are conversing in a funny language but I understood well enough what their conversation was about. They were discussing their menu for the day for I was young and my tender flesh would be delicious for making steak if it was carefully prepared.
The big pot was all ready and my captor even had a smile for me. That was not a nice smile for the canine teeth was most revolting, The women came out with sharpened knives and big planks for cutting boards. They were all ready to lay me out and chopped up their delicious meat. This time, I had no qualms about screaming, I filled my lungs with air and let out the desperate cries, a feat which i had never been able to accomplish except on the day I- was born.
They were all amused and nobody stopped me from crying. My throat was hoarse and tears washed my cheeks. The world was a cruel one to let me die so young. Then, they came. The hands that held me in their vice-like grip were gnarled and crooked. I bit them and I nearly broke my teeth. I saw the gleam of the knife poised in mid-air. It was like watching a tree falling in a weightless world. The sharp edge caught my throat and I though I heard my blood making a gurgling sound before it spurted out.
" Ahhhhh!" I screamed out aloud again and again.
What an overwhelming sensation caught hold of me and when I found myself safe and sound and perspiring in my cosy arm chair, hugging my Geography book close to me. Peeping at the photograph in it, I saw the grinning face of my captor. At least he seemed much friendlier than before!
Kelly WEEEE and Lynn Tang
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment