Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Flight

As the sun touched the horizon, I reminisced about still being in your embrace. I always had a fear of the dark and everytime the sun went down, I knew in my heart, that the sun was always up and brightly shining on me, because of you.

"Where have you gone?" I constantly asked myself.

This dream of independence had always been part of me but never once, I wanted it to be given this way.

My parents and siblings were in a car crash last week and sadly, I was the sole survivor.
"Why didn't I die with you?" I questioned myself again.

I knew, with each passing day, the suffering was going to get worst. Fate was definitely against me. I had to end this suffering, I was determined to live on and make them proud. Show them what wonders I wielded and be what they have always dreamt I would be. The problem now was, where do I start? In the financial status I had now, it was only enough to last me for, maybe, another half year. I had to work from the bottom up. No time to lose.

I went back to school the next day only to be pushed around by one of my classmates. Add that to my current setbacks, stir. Fuming, I clenched my fist, punched the lights out of him and ran out of school. Eventually I collapsed with exhaustion.

I woke up remembering nothing and only seeing a white ceiling. "Was I in heaven?" I wondered.

No comments: