Tuesday, September 30, 2008

2007, Qn 5, Heroes

What are heroes? Well, they are usually those who sacrifice themselves to save everybody, and at the end of the day, they are either looked up upon or disliked by people who are jealous and envious.

Let me give you an example of my all time favourite cartoon character hero: Batman! Of course, I do have real life heroes whom I admire and who resemble Batman. They are my parents and friends. I used to ask myself why are they usually well-liked and I finally realised a similarity between them, they are the more realistic heroes one can ever meet. I bet you can never imagine a human being able to lift up a truck as easily as Superman. Yes, my heroes are people who make use of their knowledge, experience, time and fortune to help others. They do not just sit there and wait for miracles to happen, they create miracles. Also, when a hero comes along, people will definitely have the strength to carry on because heroes have this amazing ability to cast fears aside for whoever that are facing problems and are afraid to deal with it. Be it people feeling lonely, unhappy or depressed, I believe a hero will appear somehow because I am sure they have this sixth sense and they will know when someone is in need of help.

There was Lim Bo Seng, one of Singapore's great hero who sacrificed himself for the country during the Japanese occupation. He could have gave up his pride and betrayed Singapore to save his own life but he did not, and this made him the man that everyone looks up to.


I'm stuck, I don't know how to continue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bridget,

You may wish to include examples of heroes who really matter to your life...how have they impacted you and why they are your heroes....for example Lim Bo Seng may be Singapore's hero but does he really affect you personnally. I would rather hear about how your parents have made a difference in your life and why you look up to them. How does it make you feel inspired to do better? How have you grown as an individual as a result of their actions or words, etc?

Mrs R