The World Health Organisation has warned that polluted drinking water will kill around 1.6 million people this year unless governments make an effort to do something. As this is a problem plaguing all countries, Singapore introduced 'Singapore International Water Week' where experts from around the world will come together and discuss about how to solve the problem. Although there are still people who do not have clean water to drink, the situation is improving as countries now are focusing at new technologies like desalination and special filtration systems. Also, World Health Organisation hopes to use Singapore as a model for water-scarce countries.
Personal Views:
Firstly, I feel that the Singapore government has done a good job on providing its citizens clean drinking water. Although Singapore has clean drinking water, it does not mean that other countries have the same thing. Therefore, Singapore government will be providing advice and volunteer help to these countries. Well, I must say I feel very proud with the Singapore because even though she is a tiny country, it is hoped to be a role model for other bigger and stronger countries. Well, water is indeed very precious and I hope people in water-strapped countries will get to have clean water to drink soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment