Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jaclyn-12 inmates compete in Yellow Ribbon songwriting contest

Singapore Prison Services' fifth annual Yellow Ribbon songwriting contest is a part-rehabilitation, part-talent programme.
With the theme 'Celebrating Second Chances', it gives inmates the opportunity to impress family and friends.
A total of 12 singer-songwriters, who beat more than 300 participants to the finals this year, will compete on Thursday, in front of their loved ones.
And for the first time, 17 inmates sat for the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music theory examination and 13 of them scored distinctions, including four perfect scores.
However, the success means little, without their loved ones. One of them said: "The most important thing I want to tell my parents is that I'm really very sorry for what I've done. And I wish all of you will take me back."



Personal views:

I feels very happy and proud for the inmates as after they were imprisoned,they were remorseful about their past actions and were repentent so by participating in the Yellow Ribbon songwriting contest,they showed others that they are willing to turn over a new leaf and change for the better.Hence,to encourage them and show our support, we needs to accept their flaws.After all,nobody is perfect.Parents whose child are in prison should forgive them as ultimately,they are the ones who should be held responsible for their child's action.Since the child are willing to change for the better,they should let bygones be bygones and strive for the better n life.

No comments: