Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Zhang Wenjie-More poor Indonesians sending kids to orphanage

Summary:

Many Indonesian kids live in orphanage because their parents were too poor to give them education and food. Indonesia's childdcare instituition released a survey that the orphanages are seperated from their parents not from death but from poverty. A report made by the US-based charity Save the Children and the Indonesian government that covered six provinces said that up to 500,000 of the country's 85 million children live in instituitions, which is the highest rate worldwide.Of those 90% still have one or more parent alive. In 36 homes surveyed , the children spent most of their time cooking and looking after younger kids as the instituitions were understaffed. A survey said that government policy was feulling the parents to give up their children.

Personal Views:

I feel sorry for the children that have to live without their parents. I can tell that many people suffer from poverty as 90% of the orphanages has one or more parent alive. I feel that the government should do something about it if not this situation will increase further. I feel that the government should create more jobs for the people so there will be lesser people that are unemployed. When there are more people working less people will suffer from poverty, their children will not suffer and put into an orphahnage. With jobs they will be able t support their family and the country will develop further too.

No comments: